Sunday, March 8, 2015

Literally Up in the Air with Google Cloud Printing

So I am on my way to the #SxSWEdu conference and I'm typing this post while sitting in seat 34C on a Delta airplane.  In the mad dash to get out of the house on time (ugh, 5:30 am), I didn't have a chance to write up information about family schedules and lunches for my husband who will be running the show while I'm gone.

I splurged ($16) for the Go-Go Inflight wifi access, and thank heavens I did! Working on the plane, I typed up the schedule and notes for school in a Google Doc, shared it with my husband so he could read it on his phone, and sent the doc to our home printer on which I had previously set up the Google Cloud Printing services.  With a quick text message to my husband to make sure the printer was turned on, I sent it off from 10,000 feet in the air. And, wa-la, magically the document was printed!

Google Cloud Printing is literally a life saver helping to make sure things run smoothly at home.


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like the real winner here is the server maintenance plan that Delta has implemented in order to allow customers to manage their data both on and offsite.
    --Emil Isanov, Etech 7, Inc.
    http://www.etech7.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily I now know what to do with my writing tasks. Now i have this.

    ReplyDelete